Level switches in the fuel system for alarms - Yes, No, Why?

Discussion in 'Firewall Forward / Props / Fuel system' started by wsimpso1, Dec 14, 2018.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Dec 21, 2018 #101

mcrae0104

mcrae0104

mcrae0104

Armchair Mafia Conspirator HBA Supporter

Mattress mongers are known for tactics similar to car salesmen--"let me run it by the sales manager and see what we can do."

2. Dec 21, 2018 #102

proppastie

proppastie

proppastie

you have made good arguments for the amount of hardware you have, The only issue I might add is I hope access to all of these components is easy access, because the more you have the more something there is to go wrong. Your backups should keep you safe.

those bulb test lights (push to test bulb) are nice, a good hookup drawing with perhaps easy to get to terminals/buss to trouble shoot etc.

3. Dec 21, 2018 #103

wsimpso1

wsimpso1

wsimpso1

Right now the plan is to put the header tank on the centerline and have a pair of panels on each side of the forward deck. The panels allow reaching in for access to the selector valve, pumps and filters mounted to the firewall and to access brake and rudder componentry on the brake pedals. It is looking like it all will work... Other plans I have looked into involve sticking the selector valve and transfer pumps on the floor just forward of the main spar or behind the spar. Console space is at a minimum behind the spar, and access to all this stuff is pretty poor with it just forward of the spar. The lift is only a little more going to the firewall, and I am getting head losses within the pump capabilites. Will have to do a test.

Billski