Let Slip the Kraken

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

sanman

Wow, that acronym is a testament to wordsmithing.

So besides the military use for these types of drones, would there be any civilian/commercial use case?

Aesquire

"Nothing on sensors Captain except a small short range drone just popped out of empty ocean 790 miles from land."

Most battles on land started with someone saying, "Huh, that's a suspicious cloud of dust.", and in real life today you can include, "huh, is that a bird? Oh, a whole flock of.... INCOMING!"

See the drone attack scene in the movie Angel Has Fallen. That's a real life danger in today's world. Not yet in rural Maryland, but in Ukraine and the Middle East...

I wonder if near future Army doctrine will include a shotgun toting soldier in each platoon, as they currently have a "designated marksman" and soldiers carrying anti-tank weapons?

Off topic for homebuilders, thankfully. I'd hate to try and steer a paraglider and use a gun, I don't even use a selfie stick.

sanman

Now just combine this Kraken idea with the Airspeeder, and you could have a James Bond movie scene:

Last edited:

AdrianS

He and I are graduates of a highly classified top secret government program, Project AMITAP, (Acronym More Important Than Actual Product).

We usually cannot even acknowledge the existence of each other!
There was a PC bus standard : PCMCIA

Known in the geek world as : People Can't Memorise Computer Industry Acronyms.