Quantcast

For Sale Lawrance radial

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

peteno2

While being asked to liquidate my friends property, I pulled out of the weeds a Lawrance 5 cyl. radial with a 8kw genset connected. It was exhaust up so the engine is frozen. Was used as a powerplant on a B29
Would be a great project for someone with an empty bench, Please email with inquiries, I have no idea on the value, also have many semi trailers loaded with aircraft parts thanks

A little research found engine it was used as an APU on a B-29
65 lbs engine only { weighs quite bit with the generator}
5 cyl
37 hp
Dual mags
Dual plugs
most of the plugs are broken off and I have not torn into it yet

Attachments

Last edited:

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
37HP from 65 lbs sounds like a lot, especially from a radial engine from that era. If true it'd be a great ultralight engine.

-Dana

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.

delta

I have a friend that used to own one that said they were some of the finest crafted engines he'd ever seen, and likened them to a jewel and a Swiss watch. A guy that was thinking about building a radial engine would sure have something to start with and improve upon. Hint... Hint...

Rick

Bill-Higdon

These engines were designed to run mag side down, and the bearing at the back of the case doesn't have an oil feed. There was an article in the April1 967 Sport Aviation page 50 that describe this part of the engine and away to modify the engine so the bearing gets pressure fed oil.
Bill Higdon

Bart Boon

Dear peteno2,
I am interested in your engine.
maybe you can send me your phone number so we can talk about it?
Greetings from holland
Bart.