Ladies Love Taildraggers 2018 aFly Out

Discussion in 'Upcoming Events and Trip Reports' started by wsimpso1, Oct 7, 2018.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Oct 7, 2018 #1

wsimpso1

wsimpso1

wsimpso1

Went on a flying tour with the wife doing the flying. Judy Birchler of Ladies Love Taildraggers organized a fall tour starting at Mount Comfort IN, and ending at Ranger Field with the big target for the WASP museum at Avenger Field, Sweetwater TX. Six days of great flying and interesting stops with a bunch of interesting aviators. All days had at least one cross country flight (one day had three) with great folks and great comraderie on the ground. Seventeen airplanes at one point. Airplanes included, Super Cubs, Champ, Decathalon, Scout, RV8's, Cessna 172, 182, 185, 195, Maule, Pitts, Cherokee 181 and 235, Rans S7.

Yeah, we were in the Trusty Archer, a tricycle gear airplane, but the lovely wife was doing the flying, And I was proud to be the loyal navigation assistant and ground crew.

Look up Ladies Love Tail Draggers on Facebook and on their own website.

Billski

2. Oct 7, 2018 #2

Daleandee

Daleandee

Daleandee

How wonderful to have a wife to fly you around ... :)

I first learned of the "Ladies love Taildraggers" group from Brian Lansburgh's site "The Tailwheeler’s Journal." Here's the latest video from the L.L.T.D. site. Lots of really fine planes in this video (I don't care for the soundtrack but that's just me).

[video=youtube_share;S7A9rtLqfQE]https://youtu.be/S7A9rtLqfQE[/video]

My wife will fly with me but it's not her favorite thing to do ... and she don't care to hold the controls at all.

Dale
    N319WF

wsimpso1 and fly2kads like this.
  3. Oct 9, 2018 #3

Mark Z

Mark Z

Mark Z

F12FAF92-777C-4C87-8845-11DF5903828D.jpg
    I never miss the Ranger Flyin. I was the blue and white Champ parked at the flagpole. I love the spiked heel shoes the gals use as chocks for their planes.

4. Oct 15, 2018 #4

wsimpso1

wsimpso1

wsimpso1

One LLTD member put up the idea of the high heeled girlie shoes and it went from there. My wife IS Peppermint Patty, and so her marker was a pair of pink Keds... That is about as girlie as she could let herself go... Did you get a chance to chat with any of the LLTD? Quite a bunch...

The wife discovered she was totally exhausted when we went to do the hop from Simmons to Ranger. We swapped seats and headed for home instead...

I was looking forward to Ranger and would have liked to have caught you there. Next time...

Billski

5. Oct 16, 2018 #5

smittysrv

smittysrv

smittysrv

Great video!

6. Oct 16, 2018 #6

Mark Z

Mark Z

Mark Z

I did talk to a few of the ladies. I even made contact as they were going into KGSM and asked if they were on their way to Ranger. I mostly visited the lady in the C-180 that was painted like a new 182.

7. Oct 16, 2018 #7

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

Mmmm, ladies and aeroplanes, what more could most of us want?

wsimpso1 likes this.
  8. Oct 16, 2018 #8

wsimpso1

wsimpso1

wsimpso1

Lynn is a lot of fun. We are talking about doing some concentrated taildragger flying with her in the near future.