• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Label that Cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Galati

Too many years of building combat aircraft for the taxpayers has provided me with many valuable lessons that are quite useful in constructing my RV-6A. One of the things you would observe if you could peer inside the airframe of an F-15 or F-18 is that countless labels are affixed next to the components they describe. With that in mind, I got a pack of AVERY 8667 (clear) labels from the local Office Max and proceeded to put Microsoft Word and my printer to good use. Now, five or ten years from now, when I have completely forgotten what I installed and exactly where I put it (when flat on my back and scrunched up under the instrument subpanel) the components will be instantly identified such as the FLAP RELAY DECK, AMP TRANSDUCER, LIGHT DIMMER BUSS, ROLL TRIM RELAY, PITCH TRIM SPEED GOVERNOR, not to mention each of the 17 wires that make up an Infinity Joystick Grip cable. You get the idea. Just make sure the surface is clean and apply the label in your choice of font and color.
Rick Galati

Back