• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Kuhn's Diagonal Tension Factor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imamac96

Chris Heintz's book makes many references to Kuhn's Diagonal Tension Factor. I understand that Kuhn wrote an entire structures textbook. I'm trying to dig through to find any curves that match the one on page 185 in the 3rd edition of Heintz's book. Can anyone tell me where I can locate this formula? I have found the NACA report (https://ntrs.nasa.gov/api/citations/19930082135/downloads/19930082135.pdf) on curved webs (Chris used it for flat webs, e.g. the spar). I have also searched the site and have found many references to Kuhn's book but no direct discussion of the formula. At the moment, I'm interpolating using regression to get me "close enough" for spreadsheet calculations.

Back