• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale KR2 Project - Complete Airframe, Lots of extras

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

O2flyMore

This is a slightly stretched KR2 project, with all the parts and subassemblies to complete the airframe. The workmanship has been rated by KR owners as excellent, even exceptional, with a well thought out plan that paid attention to detail. Weights on the project are right on target to result in a normal finished aircraft weight of 500-600 pounds.

The completed lower fuselage (boat) is on tri-gear, complete with wheels, tires, and brakes. The firewall is installed, including a VW motor mount installed, even with a Diehl accessory case. Cockpit controls are tube and cable, and the single center stick works very smoothly. A belly board and flaps are both installed, with separate actuators for each. Tailfeathers are mounted and installed (even balanced) and trim tabs and cables present. The top fuselage is also complete, with canopy frame and a mold for the canopy bubble included.

Wings subassemblies include KR2S spars, with attach fittings are installed. Premolded wing skins will reduce build time and give a smoother finished surface.
Lots of additional extras that will save buyer a lot of work and expense.

Located at KLXT in Kansas City. I'd like to get $1500 , but need to get it out of my hangar ASAP, so reasonable offers are welcomed.

Attachments

Jason Swift

This is a slightly stretched KR2 project, with all the parts and subassemblies to complete the airframe. The workmanship has been rated by KR owners as excellent, even exceptional, with a well thought out plan that paid attention to detail. Weights on the project are right on target to result in a normal finished aircraft weight of 500-600 pounds.

The completed lower fuselage (boat) is on tri-gear, complete with wheels, tires, and brakes. The firewall is installed, including a VW motor mount installed, even with a Diehl accessory case. Cockpit controls are tube and cable, and the single center stick works very smoothly. A belly board and flaps are both installed, with separate actuators for each. Tailfeathers are mounted and installed (even balanced) and trim tabs and cables present. The top fuselage is also complete, with canopy frame and a mold for the canopy bubble included.

Wings subassemblies include KR2S spars, with attach fittings are installed. Premolded wing skins will reduce build time and give a smoother finished surface.
Lots of additional extras that will save buyer a lot of work and expense.

Located at KLXT in Kansas City. I'd like to get $1500 , but need to get it out of my hangar ASAP, so reasonable offers are welcomed.

O2flyMore

Sorry, Jason, been busy this weekend with Chapter 91 business & flying Young Eagles, & working & a Chapter recruiting drive.
The plans are in a 3-ring binder, with serial number, and the spars were signed off before closing, in the plans.
From tailpost to firewall, the boat is 135-1/2 inches. The motor mount and rudder would have to be removed, but that's simple. What might be longer, is the wing skins. The 90" outer wing spars are in this photo, next to the skins on the left. Sorry that the tops of the skins weren't captured in this photo.
I seem to recall that one of the fellows at the KR Gathering this year told about hauling his project home in a rented box van. I have personally hauled a different KR a couple hundred miles on a turnpike on a flatbed trailer behind a pickup!
I'll post that skin length tomorrow.

Attachments

Jason Swift

Thank you for the information. I’m looking at about $1500 for a uhaul truck. So I’m also looking into hiring a freight company, u-ship to see what they might charge. So accurate dimensions and weights are needed for the quote. Don’t think the weight will be an issue, 500-700 lbs is accurate enough for the quote. It will be more about the volume.

Jason Swift

Sorry for the slow reply. I’ve been waiting on a shipper to finish the quote. WOW, best deal is $2600 for the shipping to my house. The plane is a great value but at the price of shipping I just can’t justify it. I have a few feelers out to see if I can get someone headed this way to drag it on a trailer. I wish you the best with selling it. Respectfully, Jason