• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

KR-2 ARTF, RV-6 Project in California

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
One of our EAA chapter members Ralph Snyder is in assisted living, and is unable to get his aircraft finished, and the family is putting them up for sale to a good home.

He has a KR-2 with the original rearward-retracting gear. EXCELLENT workmanship and attention to detail from an older craftsman. This aircraft is nearly ready to fly, the engine was being ground run and fiddled with and readied for flight when this all happened. Aircraft appears complete and ready to continue engine test runs and fiddling, then fly. Aircraft is painted off white. He built a gorgeous wing storage rack to keep the outer wing panels safely stored. That should tell you something. YES they are taking photos of the aircraft, so photos should be available soon. I do not have the photos, don't ask me. I don't know which exact VW based engine he has, or which instruments he has. It was built as a 2 seater with slightly staggered seating for comfort. I do NOT believe it is the later "stretch" or other newfangled Mark Langford version of the KR-2. I do not think it has been registered yet. This is a standard original version. Excellent bang for the buck, with a beautiful example of a classic original legacy HBA. Make REASONABLE offer based on the quality of construction. This one is easily good enough for display in a high end museum.

Ralph also started building an RV-6. Absolutely beautiful metal work and riveting. Horizintal stab and vertical fin are built. Wing spars mostly completed. Complete rib kit with formed wing ribs in a box. Center fuselage bulkhead (wing spar attach) assembled with Clecos. Primed/anodized. Stored indoors. Boxes of small parts. Fiberglass main wing tips. No fuselage parts other than spar bulkhead. Make REASONABLE offer basedon the quality of construction.

Stored indoors in Burbank, CA. Located within a 5 minute drive from Burbank airport if you want to fly in and see it in person.

At this point I do not have any financial involvement in the sale. We want Ralph's family to get a reasonable price and not get taken to the cleaners, and we want to see these aircraft fly. Don't contact me to arrange seeing this airrcaft, call the famaily -Ask for Breanda Pearson, Ralph's daughter who is handling his estate. 541-510-5134.

Back