• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted KR-1 Canopy wanted

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

crobinson

Looking to buy a KR-1 canopy. If you have one or know of someone that has one, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thank you. Carl Robinson

Aviacs

I have an uncut RV3 canopy FS if that would work.
Also the supporting (never used) framework for the tilt version.
Photos in the ad with tape and arrows attempt to show a fairly minor scratch where the factory wrapping wore off (shop rash).

smt

Last edited:

crobinson

smt,
I may be interested. Would it be possible to get the width of the canopy and inside height from the ground to the highest point. Also, I couldn’t see the tape or shop rash in the pictures. Are they located on the front portion of the canopy or rear part? Thank you.
Carl

Aviacs

Lengths are within an inch or so.
widths within about 1/2"
height is -inside-, within about 1/2", Measured right down to the rim. You will lose some visibility around the base depending how high the coping/method of attachment.
Re: tape, shop rash: notice on a couple photos there's some yellow masking tape with arrows. The arrows point in the general direction of a scratch. If you look at the photos on the linked Sonerai forum ad, they are blown up. My email is listed in both ads.
DSC_0002.JPGDSC_0002.JPG,

Last edited:

crobinson

Lengths are within an inch or so.
widths within about 1/2"
height is -inside-, within about 1/2", Measured right down to the rim. You will lose some visibility around the base depending how high the coping/method of attachment.
Re: tape, shop rash: notice on a couple photos there's some yellow masking tape with arrows. The arrows point in the general direction of a scratch. If you look at the photos on the linked Sonerai forum ad, they are blown up. My email is listed in both ads.
View attachment 117322View attachment 117322,

crobinson

Thank you very much. I will be working on the plane this weekend and see how it will fit.