• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Komet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyvulcan

I shall start with a photoshopped picture of my project to show what the final product will resemble. The tailfeathers are not accurately sized on this photo as it was a really quick attempt at photoshopping and it is not my strong point, but it is enough to give you an idea of what I am hoping to achieve. Also, the wheels will be faired on the finished aircraft. It is a 2 seat twin-jet, using a kit that was produced in the early 1990s, modified to incorporate the changes needed to make the configuration viable. The original kit was a single seater which came with either a retractable nosegear or a tailwheel. Mine was started as a taildragger and due to the removal of the regular engine from the nose and the subsequent requirement to put weight in the nose to replace the engine, i.e. the pilot, there is currently no room for the retractable nosegear so I will leave it as a taildragger for now. If it proves to be a handful on the ground, then I will look at changing it over to nosegear. I was originally planning to use either the Phill Heward H200N (now licensed to Obilaser) or the JetBeetle H150 Locust. However, I am now working with another engine manufacturer who will be providing me with 2 x 180lbs thrust powerplants for use on the Komet. I purchased the kit around 12 months ago in the USA but it only arrived in Australia around 6 months ago. Progress has been steady since then with the wings being the first item to be tackled. I am hoping to have them completed before christmas. I hope you find my progress interesting.

Flyvulcan

PS For interest, I decided to add another shot of my project taken in August 2011 to compare the original rough depiction with how it is 2 years later. So here's the shot from 2011.

8.jpg

and another depiction from 2012

Komet copy.jpg

Attachments

• Komet mid engined - metal tail.jpg
    Komet mid engined - metal tail.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,644
Last edited:
Back