Quantcast

Kolb Ultrastar - need details

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

mullacharjak

Hey friends I need your help .
I need kolb flyer plans and manual please send me a copy if there have any one.
Pleasently request.
Are you interested in the Ultrastar or the flyer.The flyer is twin engined and rare.Not many were built.The real challenge in building a flyer would be finding engines for it.

Victor Bravo

You will not have any trouble finding engines for the Flyer if that is really what you want. There are numerous "giant scale" R/C model engines that will provide equivalent power to whatever little chainsaw engines Kolb used for the Flyer.

But I believe you must understand and accept that Homer Kolb made improvements to his aircraft at every stage. there were probably several significant improvements between the Flyer and the Ultrastar, and then there were further improvements between the Ultrastar and the Firestar/Fifrefly series.

The Flyer was definitely not the best of the series. Why do you prefer the Flyer to the Ultrastar?

Fayyazkhan

You will not have any trouble finding engines for the Flyer if that is really what you want. There are numerous "giant scale" R/C model engines that will provide equivalent power to whatever little chainsaw engines Kolb used for the Flyer.

But I believe you must understand and accept that Homer Kolb made improvements to his aircraft at every stage. there were probably several significant improvements between the Flyer and the Ultrastar, and then there were further improvements between the Ultrastar and the Firestar/Fifrefly series.

The Flyer was definitely not the best of the series. Why do you prefer the Flyer to the Ultrastar?
I prefer flyer because of its two engine configuration.small engines I can afford .and I tahtfound easilly near by me.but now it's looking i will have think twice. about.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
It (two engines on an Ultrastar) has been done, with a crossbar attached to the standard engine mount. But you lose the wing folding ability (the Flyer didn't have folding wings, either).

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
NOTICE: Kolb Ultrastar drawings and manual, though they have been posted in various places online, are copyrighted material and sold by Kolb Aircraft. HBA policy prohibits links to unauthorized copies of copyrighted material so several related messages above have been deleted.

(Yes, I know we linked to the old Yahoo group that previously hosted the plans when the design was seemingly abandoned, but now that Kolb is again supporting the design this is no longer appropriate.)

Marty59

NOTICE: Kolb Ultrastar drawings and manual, though they have been posted in various places online, are copyrighted material and sold by Kolb Aircraft. HBA policy prohibits links to unauthorized copies of copyrighted material so several related messages above have been deleted.

(Yes, I know we linked to the old Yahoo group that previously hosted the plans when the design was seemingly abandoned, but now that Kolb is again supporting the design this is no longer appropriate.)
Thanks Dana,

I discovered that Kolb Aircraft were now selling the plans again just before I saw your message.
I feel more confident when getting original plans from the source.
Cheers