• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Airplane For Sale Kolb Twinstar (original version)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rv7charlie

Supporting Member
I've casually offered this plane in the past (thought I had a buyer last fall), but never posted an official ad for it here. Time to clean out the hangar a bit, so here are the particulars.
Original Kolb Twinstar, built in the mid 1980s and flown a lot of hours before being stored. I bought the plane as a basket case from the original builder. Rotax 503 of unknown hours, but ran well the last time I cranked it. 8 gallon fuel tank, installed during the restoration (see below).

I did a frame-up restoration about 5 years ago, with all new hardware & stainless control cables, new 4 point camloc seat belts, and a new set of Black Max 6x6 wheels & hydraulic brakes. Wings recovered by a very experienced a&p with multiple builds and restorations to his credit; tail was in good shape so it wasn't recovered; just repainted. I used the 'Weinerdog Aero' method of finishing the wings & tail. It's been hangared ever since; probably doesn't have an hour of flight time since the rebuild. (Too many years of 4 strokes; I can't make myself fly a 2 stroke...) The plane is out of annual, and will be sold that way, though there's more work in signing the logbook than inspecting one of these a/c. ;-) Bring a trailer, or I'll sell you one for $1500.

I have few pics of the completed plane beyond what you see below (wings & tail are folded for storage at the moment), but I'm happy to share all the good/bad/ugly images I took while doing the restoration; just ask for a link to the cloud account where the images are stored. Happy to answer questions (phone would probably be easiest, for the most detail) about the work done in the restoration.

edit: This is not an ultralite; it is an N-numbered, two seat homebuilt experimental, with current FAA registration in my name.

Just looking to get my rather small investment back; price is $3500.

You can reach me here via PM, or via email at [email protected], or by phone/text at 601-572-8-7198

Thanks for looking,

Charlie

Attachments

• Kolb complete.jpg
    Kolb complete.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Back