• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Klixon circuit breakers as switches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12notes

Supporting Member
I'm looking at circuit breakers for the panel, the Klixon 2TC2 seems like they would work fine. I only need 5 circuit breakers. I noticed that they are good for 2500-5000 cycles, which is well over the number of times I would use a switch in 1000+ hours, is there any reason I couldn't use them as a switch and dispense with the external toggle switch?

I am aware that they sell the circuit breakers with an a toggle switch on them, but for $200+ each, that would be over 10% of the cost of the whole plane in 5 circuit breakers, so no thank you.
I also know that a small fuse box/panel is an option, but I would much prefer the breakers.
I've also looked at the Klixon 7277-1 "inexpensive auxiliary switch", this is not an indicator that it is ro be used as a switch, it means that when the circuit breaker is off, it switches on a secondary circuit.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/klixon2tc5.php

Back