For Sale Kitfox II

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by lake_harley, Jun 21, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jun 21, 2019 #1

lake_harley

lake_harley

lake_harley

For sale Kitfox II, fresh annual inspection (6/20/19), about 80 hours on 582 Rotax overhaul. Call for more information. Location is Southeast Missouri. Lynn (573) 788-2574 $11,900 and fly it home.

Attached Files:

2. Jun 22, 2019 #2

pwood66889

pwood66889

pwood66889

Guess you're still "Wheelin' and Dealin'," Lynn!
    Percy

3. Jun 22, 2019 #3

lake_harley

lake_harley

lake_harley

Well, I don't know about wheelin' and dealin', but the I and co-owner of the Kitfox II finally realized the Kitfox isn't getting enough use to justify keeping it. Since I can't get a license to fly anything but an ultralight I rely on him to be available. Don't get me wrong, he's been a great partner on the plane although us getting together to go flying is like hitting the trifecta. He has to be available, I have to be available and the weather has to be suitable, and that seems to be a rare combination to hit.

Life moves on.....

Hope you're doing well! Retired now, right?

Lynn

4. Jun 22, 2019 #4

pwood66889

pwood66889

pwood66889

Am retired - to Florida, of all places. Still have that motor I got from you, at least for a while.
    My hangar may not be available much longer, and I have to decide if I'll be able to do anything with that LePelican ultralight.
    Wish I could look stronger at that Kfox.
    Percy

5. Jun 22, 2019 #5

Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson

Lynn did you sell your Minimax?

also, is the Kitfox 582 the blue head version?

6. Jun 22, 2019 #6

lake_harley

lake_harley

lake_harley

Percy....Enjoy your retirement. I hope it's a long healthy one! Shame to hear about the hangar. None other available nearby? I'm guessing hangar rent in FL isn't cheap. BTW....depending on where you are in FL coming to see the Kitfox is only a 12 or so hour drive away.:D

Turd....I still have the MiniMAX. I need to just set aside an afternoon to go to the airport to at least taxi it again. I got to where I was comfortable with the tail up most of the 3,000' length of the runway. Just never pushed the throttle forward and pulled back on the stick. It has been flown twice though....by the same person both times. I guess the first flight must have not been too bad.;)

The 582 in the Kitfox is a grey head. When the engine was rebuilt the machining and seal change was done on the shaft that drives the water pump and the rotary valve. If memory serves, I think that's one of the significant changes/improvements made between the grey and blue head engines. It has certainly served us well.

Lynn

7. Jun 27, 2019 #7

lake_harley

lake_harley

lake_harley

Kitfox II is SOLD. Oddly, it sold to a local gentleman I've known for a few years who saw the ad on barnstormers. I know I've talked with him about the plane on several occasions but I guess he just needed to see it for sale on barnstormers to realize we were serious about selling.

Lynn

Turd Ferguson likes this.
  8. Jun 28, 2019 #8

pwood66889

pwood66889

pwood66889

Indeed, Lynn - it's not Real `til ya see it on the `Net! Hope it funds more aviation fun for you.
    Best, Percy