• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Kit planes April issue Thatcher CX5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikePousson

Just read my new online version of kit planes today. A great write up of the Thatcher CX5 tandem. Now I see something that fits all my wants. Sheet metal low wing that runs on a Revmaster 2300. To say I'm impressed is an understatement. I've been feeling the industry for a project but kept going back to Sonex with a Revmaster. The CX5 is a great design and the VW seems to give it all I want. It is a sharp looking machine. The pre cut pre drilled kits are not there for a lot of the parts but a lot parts have dual functions so there are many of the same pieces used other places. Less pieces, less jigging. And it looks cheap enough without getting bit by prices. Aircraft spruce is a couple hours from here and a couple trips down the highway in my GMC and trailer an do a lot of hauling. Sonex, it's been fun.

Back