just the place to be

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by planecrazy J, May 16, 2009.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. May 16, 2009 #1

planecrazy J

planecrazy J

planecrazy J

Hello to all . I am honoured to be here among people who share the the same feelings for aircrafts like myself. i,m a fanatic though, totally hooked and helpless. i,m from Guyana, south america.i,m 39 , married. I was given a scrap cessna 150f . just to have that old bird in my garage is thrill i can,t get over. It willl take a lot to get it airborne.I plan to do most the repairs my self and make the missing parts my self although having no previous experience but i belive love conquers all. Most of all i feel the help from this forum will make this dream come thru. I,m seeking any help from the esteem brothers of bernouli's principle.it feels awesome to be here.

2. May 17, 2009 #2

Jman

Jman

Jman

Site Developer

Glad to have you. Sounds like an interesting project. Does Guyana have a large amount of private aviation?

Best of luck!

Jake

3. May 17, 2009 #3

BBerson

BBerson

BBerson

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

Good luck with the Cessna 150 rebuild. Just get a Cessna 100 series shop manual and AC43.13. (available online)
    That should get you started.
    BB

4. May 19, 2009 #4

planecrazy J

planecrazy J

planecrazy J

yeah bearson, thnks , i will need lots more than luck. I did some civil engineering so i,d llike to think i,m kinda structure oriented. I,ve learn alot of aeroplanes from reading, reading n more..... had a few minutes on a twin islander.got a aircraft mechanic for a friend but can,t depend heavily on him. i will need to link up with some one from this forum who is qualified , has the patience and can guide me through the numerous obstacles i will encounter. perhaps u can help me. i hope i,m not expecting too much here

5. May 19, 2009 #5

bmcj

bmcj

bmcj

Just to confirm what BBerson said, FAA publication AC43.13 gives you a great amount of information on how to perform repairs. I would definitely add it to my library of references if I were you. If you don't have a hardcopy, it is also available online. Here is one link to it, but I'm sure there are probably other online sources that might even be easier to read online.

AC 43.13-1B CHG 1 [Large AC. This includes Change 1.] Acceptable Methods, Techniques, and Practices - Aircraft Inspection and Repair

Bruce :)

6. May 20, 2009 #6

planecrazy J

planecrazy J

planecrazy J

Yeeeaah!feels like i,m a getting somewhere. Good meeting you Bruce.I was planning to ask BB what was that AC... stuff was about but u cleared that up for me. thanks alot bro. i,ll check that site up. Is a " shop manual" = to parts catalog? BB excuse me but I am going to get all the terminology right some day. :)

7. May 20, 2009 #7

bmcj

bmcj

bmcj

It is a procedures manual published by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration showing approved (and proven) methods for repairs. Very good source for "how to" information.

Bruce :)

8. May 20, 2009 #8

BBerson

BBerson

BBerson

The shop manual (repair manual) is all you need. The parts manual is useful but not really needed.

You might need to make a wing jig. I made a jig with welded 2" steel pipe. The repair manual gives information for wing jig angles.
    BB

9. Jun 6, 2009 #9

planecrazy J

planecrazy J

planecrazy J

Hello fellas. Hoping every one is well and getting closer to their goals.Well, as BB and Bruce knows i,ve just begun my journey.I,ve gotten AC 43.13 from that site Bruce posted and needs the shop manual.Could any one help me out ? I would like the dimensions and construction dtails of he cessna 150 Horizontal stabilizer(i already have both elevators). Thanks for any help .
    Jerry

10. Jun 7, 2009 #10

handprop

handprop

handprop

I know where there's an airplane junk yard in Wisconsin that a farmer keeps where I could visit and see if he has a junk one I could take apart for dimensions. I don't know if he would let me, but I would be willing to try. I'll be heading up there in a couple of weeks, so I'll bring some beer and see what happens, he's a really nice fellow.

Mike

11. Jun 7, 2009 #11

planecrazy J

planecrazy J

planecrazy J

Ha ha,Mike, thanks for the laugh but i,m serious here.Is the Cessna150f shop manual and parts catalog available on line? I will have to make he horizontal stabilizer.If you are serious and happen to find a scrap 150f there i,d be glad to know what parts of it is available. I,ve some folks in N.Y.Perhaps they can pick them up for me.I,m from Guyana, South America.Thanks again Mike. Jerry

12. Jun 7, 2009 #12

handprop

handprop

handprop

What's so funny about that! I own a farm down the road and we go up on weekends to get away. If he has one I can give you his number or I can drink beer and rip one apart. Sounds like fun to me. :gig: A 150 is a long shot but I don't know until I go there. I didn't realize your half way around the world but it wouldn't be the first time Iv'e done something like this. Anything to help another aviator.......were all in this together right?

Mike

13. Jun 7, 2009 #13

handprop

handprop

handprop

Oh, to answer your question about the Cessna150f shop manual and parts catalog, I have no idea. My experience with aluminum construction is ZERO so all I can do is go check the airplane salvage yard and try and hook you up.

Mike

14. Jun 9, 2009 #14

planecrazy J

planecrazy J

planecrazy J

Re: Wanted: Cessna 150 shop manual (soft copy)

Yo Mike I appreciate your generousity and the cooperation I received from BB,Bruce,Jman and the rest of the gang. Yeah man I,m far away from the land of the goodies but i belive I can pull this off.This bird is in bad shape at first glance but with my love for airplanes and help from you guys I,ll do this .Following the advice from BB I,d really like to get a copy of the shop manual. I,ve already downloaded the AC43.13.I,d be happy if you can help me access any parts for this craft. You never know it might be cheaper to post it down here that building them. Thnks for any assistance. Jerry