• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Just Aircraft SuperSTOL - difference between having 100hp vs 200hp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timstertimster

I recently read on the just aircraft site that they now have a stretch version that can accommodate a 6-stroke engine (they talk about a UL 560 or an O-320, IIRC).

Does anyone here have a good grasp of what exactly the primary effect would be between one engine and another?

At first glance to me it means that in a STOL plane like this, I get plenty of torque from a 180+ hp power plant, resulting in even shorter takeoff and steeper rate of climb.

It also would seem that I get a lot night cruise speeds. Although the chart I saw made it seem not that crazy (90 vs 130 mph).

I'm still an armchair pilot but I'm serious about understanding the ins and outs of kit plane design and engineering.

Thanks for any insights.uch appreciated. Happy Labor Day weekend.

Back