Quantcast

Just Aircraft 103 Solo?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

13brv3

Greetings,

Has anyone heard or seen any recent news for the Just Aircraft Ultralight? https://justaircraft.com/just103/ They announced it a couple years ago, and the last real press I saw was from around May 2018. There was talk of some kits being shipped to select people for evaluation, to be followed by normal sales. Was it even at SNF or Oshkosh this year?

The boom tube was supposed to be replaced by a more conventional 4130 structure, but I haven't found any pictures of that change. I could get really interested in this if the wings fold like their other aircraft.

Thanks,
Rusty

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Believe it or not, I just spoke to Troy about ten minutes ago, and he said he had been out flying it this weekend :)

We were speaking about a totally different airplane, so I don't have any other informaiton about the ultralight.

Last edited:

13brv3

Well that's encouraging. They're just on the other side of the mountains from me, so I'll eventually get over there to bug them. It would be great if they'd offer it as a scratch build option as well, but it didn't sound like that was likely. I need the TIG practice :)

Thanks,
Rusty

GeeZee

13brv3 said “ It would be great if they'd offer it as a scratch build option as well, but it didn't sound like that was likely. I need the TIG practice :)

This looks an awful lot like an Airbike with tundra tires. Get plans and components here: Jordan Lake Aero
The plans are really nice. Most of the parts and even the fuselage is drawn full size. They sell the fiberglass components at a very reasonable price as well.

J Metz

Looks like the webpage has been updated and says they will be contracting with Top Rudder Aircraft LLC. Looks like that company now has a Facebook page with some pics. Potential progress.

J Metz

They said they are also introducing an amateur built aircraft called the RUCKUS along with the 103solo.

Last edited:

PagoBay

The webpage has detailed performance numbers for the FAR103 but not as of now for the heavier Ruckus model.
Lots of options including seaplane upgrade, flaperons and slats for the Ruckus.

LINK:

13brv3

It would be great if they could find a way to make the wings fold back. I don't see that mentioned anywhere for either model. It would be more of a challenge for the narrow fuselage, and the part 103 version likely can't afford the weight, but it would be a real added bonus for the EAB version.