Jurca MJ9 or 3/4 scale ME109

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

cdatte

They don't have the new set, but they kept the digital copy of the old set that I sent with the paper copy. Fortunately I backed it up otherwise I would have to pay to get it copied again. There is no way I'm sending them the set of plans to copy it took too much work to get them. I'm not sure what I'd do with another set plans for a different plane except sell them. There full size are $1500 and 3/4 are $750. There is not a lot of interest at those prices. I'd be lucky to get half that price.
been searching around on ME-109 projects as I recently acquired the MJ-9 set and have been reading through them to get started and ran across this one. I'd be interested to know the difference between the different versions and would be a potential buyer.
on the 100% front, sounds like you have the MJ-90 set ?

wiloows5050

Log Member
been searching around on ME-109 projects as I recently acquired the MJ-9 set and have been reading through them to get started and ran across this one. I'd be interested to know the difference between the different versions and would be a potential buyer.
on the 100% front, sounds like you have the MJ-90 set ?
The only complete or also complete MJ-90 set belongs to Harald in Germany. The set in the US was lost or destroyed. Even jurca France doesn’t have a complete set.
if you look at my builders log here, there is a picture of one of the differences. The longerons were changed to accommodate a larger and heavier engine. The landing gear is also relocated and redesigned to mount on the fuselage like the original.
Trim tabs were added and the leading edge of the wing was reinforced.
don

cdatte

I had several chats with him last year, Looks like, He's pretty far along.
Thanks, I'll have a look to see what I have. In your comments you mentioned missing drawings. Which ones did you find missing?

Chuck

wiloows5050

Log Member
I have all the mj 9 drawing for both the old and new. The landing gear for the new is going to cost a small fortune. The top of the strut sits in a milled block that starts life as a 6 in x 6 in x 5 in piece of 4130.

Erik Snyman

Chaps,
Not to intercept someone else`s thread, but I have an unused set of plans for the 3/4 scale Mustang that I wouldn`t mind trading for a set of Focke-Wolf FW-190 plans. The Mustang plans include both the wood and metal versions.
My plans are in the hanger at the airport, so it would take me a day or so to go and fetch it. Please note that I don`t want to sell my plans, but would trade for a FW 190 set.
Erik in Oz.

Erik Snyman

Not sure what went wrong there, but the gist is I want to trade plans for the 75% Mustang for a set of FW-190 plans.
Erik in Oz.

JurcaSperocco

Dear Jurca aircraft enthusiasts,

Notice the only source of Jurca plans worldwide is www.marcel-jurca.com since Marcel's pass in October 2001. We had several mailbox/spam issues the past years, so feel free to insist via the Facebook page if needed.

Since 2020 (thanks to the first lockdown ;)) there is a catalog available for download here, including detailed limitations:
www.marcel-jurca.com/index.php/en-us/download

Marcel Jurca has made modifications on the MJ-9 and other designs until summer 2001, so acquiring and old set of plans makes you potentially missing the very last corrections. If you are currently building a Jurca, feel free to contact us to check the version of you drawings, and sharing pictures will feed Marcel's legacy archives too. Also notice that one set of plan can only be used for one aircraft as per the copyright Marcel Jurca defined for his work (he's been stolen that much it's a pity you cannot imagine).

Remember I am, here in France, just a volunteer with a real life aside and a Jurca project myself to end up... But as Jurca builder, you'll be welcomed if you have the opportunity to travel close to Paris, or at the annual Jurca Air Force fly'in each June.
All the best.