Jurca me109

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

cdatte

I don't know, I'll check on the drawings and see where the landing gear attaches.
Instructions call for building the fuselage 1st so I'm kitting that all out at the moment.
I picked up the drawings from somebody back east, I also tried going through Jurca per a post on youtube of a guy that's building the full size but I also got no response.

wiloows5050

I don't know, I'll check on the drawings and see where the landing gear attaches.
Instructions call for building the fuselage 1st so I'm kitting that all out at the moment.
I picked up the drawings from somebody back east, I also tried going through Jurca per a post on youtube of a guy that's building the full size but I also got no response.
Thats Harald’s full size 109. It’s got engine problems otherwise it would be flying by now. Somewhere I have a list of all the current pages for theMJ9. I restarted my project using the new plans. Raymond is building the using the old plans.

wiloows5050

Shows gear attached to wing so It's the old version
There are some big differences in both the fuselage and wings. The wing in the new version has a l/e reinforcement that goes all the way to the root. The fuselage has a design option that allows for a large engine. I’m hoping for an LS3 putting out 400+hp . Should get a better hp/weight ratio than the original prototype.

cdatte

Thats Harald’s full size 109. It’s got engine problems otherwise it would be flying by now. Somewhere I have a list of all the current pages for theMJ9. I restarted my project using the new plans. Raymond is building the using the old plans.
I checked and landing gear is on the
This is a list of all the current MJ9 plan pages, less the 800’s
thanks I'll see what I have

cdatte

I'm way at the beginning, I have reviewed the plans, made a couple copies + PDF's and am going through the fuselage bulkheads. starting my 1st bulkhead. your's looks cool !

Tiger Tim

I'm way at the beginning, I have reviewed the plans, made a couple copies + PDF's and am going through the fuselage bulkheads. starting my 1st bulkhead. your's looks cool !
I don’t know how the formers are done on your plans but I know some Jurca drawings have full size formers that they tell you to just trace onto your material and cut out, even though they’re sometimes asymmetrical or just generally visibly wobbly around the edges.

If I were building one I’d be inclined to make a full set of cardboard formers and either assemble them onto a central spine between sawhorses or just do half formers and stick them to a full-size fuselage profile drawn on a wall. In any case it affords the opportunity to confirm that Jurca drew the longeron notches in exactly the right place and you can hold a long, thin wood strip up to it to ensure the skin will follow a fair curve. Those cardboard formers can be adjusted as needed then used as patterns for the true shape of your wooden formers. A weekend’s work in trade for an easier time down the road, plus you get to see a 3D physical representation of what you’re building early on.