Jungster 1 & 2 aircraft

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Fighting 14

No, it's not ready to fly yet......... I need longer prop bolts which nobody has in stock, and this prop has an issue which cannot be fixed. I am shopping for an airworthy prop. I am not flying behind this one, ............but it proves going to this prop will work. All in good time. We are almost there. Patience. 👍:)

Dennis DeFrange

HBA Supporter
There's a very nice Jungster on Barnstormers , O-200 Continental . $11,000.00

Fighting 14

New prop was ordered last Monday. Consumer demand is up so much that the supplier told me today they are buried with shipments needing to be packaged. It will be a week and a half tops before it will ship. Prop bolts are on the way.
Winter is on us here. Wolves came by last night and the big game are headed lower. This is the time for getting out and hiking while we wait for the prop.

Fighting 14

Heck Dominic, I'm looking out the window at snow coming down and the temp is -10 C. Me fears it gonna be awhile before it will be comfortable flying open cockpit. The end of December and early January we can easily see -30 C.
Hopefully I'll get a warm day. I'll do my best for you.👍☃

Fighting 14

We used to be able to do this until the Forest Service told us we could not land on frozen lakes anymore. Why is it that snow machines can run all over the place but we can't? It sure was fun especially on black ebony ice on a calm sunny day.

Dominic Eller

HBA Supporter
Fingers crossed for a weather anomaly that lets you fly soon!
Regarding the frozen lake thing, why is it that aircraft get singled out like that! Here we have to have 1million fire insurance to land where anyone can take a 4wd.
What’s more crazy is on DOC land (dept of conservation) aircraft are not allowed to refuel ! But 4wd can! 😤

I’m not getting a heap of time in the garage lately, I must make more effort to finish these struts!
Finished shaping the 1st strap so at least now I have a process 👍
EB1C4550-88E9-4386-9928-C05C102363C2.jpegCBF6BEC0-9EE7-46AF-92D2-ACB2BEEB4932.jpeg9B3AF9D2-4F4E-49D9-9B05-DC441AEDE344.jpeg
Shaping .063 sheet is a bit of a pain, .049 would have been nicer and likely ok as it’s .049 strut, but plans say 1/16 finger straps 🙄
Looks like I could be in for a long wait until I get a replacement length of streamline tube for the bogus one ACS sent 😤 I’ll make do with the modified original until it arrives.

Fighting 14

We build sailplanes out of composites. I wonder if you could fabricate an N-strut or I-strut from composites? Probably easier to just wait for the steel. Yep the supply chain is slow. Hope you get your materials soon. 👍 Carbon fiber streamline tubing. Hmmmmm. 😂 🤣🙄 Yea that's the ticket!!