• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

JTOL (Jump Takeoff and Landing): Please Help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two lane aviator

Hi.

Now (Finally, for some of the people here.)

I have realized i am on the wrong approach of CTOL

Jedi has posted this to make me realize:

You should see by now that conventional thinking, doing only more of or slightly different than what has been already done, will not accomplish what you wish to do. You will need to investigate applying new or different concepts and do some experimenting. Something akin to Aircars ATOL. I suggest you look into a jump, zero or short length, takeoff to allow flight over the many obsticles with a higher wingspan than you have been constrained with.

Would you like to start a jump takeoff thread?

That i did: start a JTOL thread

Good news: Span can now be widened!
Bad news: Another set of constraints (namely):
:
1. the problem of "Jumping" more than 2 storeys high in zero length
2. folding into the space of a usual parking space (no need for high wing designs of 1.5m high wing)
3. i also have to land in just as short a distance
4. i still have span constraints (4m + [length of parking space x 2])
5. power constraints (how would i do it on one grass cutter or moped engine?)
6. cost constraints (can it fly on scavenged steel parts MIG welded together?)

and my google searches weren't turning up ANYTHING about JTOL planes (I repeat, PLANES)

can anyone help?

Back