JohnLundgren'sPlansCollection

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Very sorry to hear of your dad's passing. I think it would be worth your time to type up a list of the aircraft plans you have (make clear if they are full scale or models) and post them here for individual sale. They'll probably get a very good home with someone who will appreciate them (which would probably please your dad) and by getting some competitive offers you'll be likely to receive what they are worth. To minimize the hassle to you, maybe "best offer received by xx date" for each one. Or put em on eBay and post the list here, to generate interest.
Best wishes.

blane.c

HBA Supporter
My condolences;

Ditto what Vigilant1 said, but you don't have to do all 1,000 at once you know put up ten or twenty and then add to the list. Conveniently you will be able to edit your post clicking on the edit button and just add to the list as you have time and also you can delete items that have sold.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
OK, I have a solution to "yikes". You can mail them to me, and I will either find a good home for them, or keep them here in the garage, or find something other than throwing them out for the ones worth keeping (not knowing exactly what you have). Send them to my business address:

EZ Flap
21033 Strathern St.
Canoga Park, CA 91304

Riggerrob

Dear Mr. Lundgren,

I am saddened to hear of your loss.

When my father died last summer, I salvaged as many of his old flying and modelling magazines as possible. I took them to the local library and scanned hundreds of pages. Now, I sometimes post electronic images to this forum and other forums like www.secretprojects.com.
Alternately, a stationary supply store (Staples or Office Depot) will cheerfully scan all your plans for a few dollars. They will send you home with the originals and all the electronic scans on a computer disc.

I suggest that you do the same to distribute your dad's plans as widely as possible. The more people who can down-load those plans - from the internet - the less likely that they will disappear forever. Your dad would want you to share those plans with as many aviation enthusiasts, historians, etc.

TerryM76

HBA Supporter
OK, I have a solution to "yikes". You can mail them to me, and I will either find a good home for them, or keep them here in the garage, or find something other than throwing them out for the ones worth keeping (not knowing exactly what you have). Send them to my business address:

EZ Flap
21033 Strathern St.
Canoga Park, CA 91304
Thank you VB for trying to save this collection. I would offer but I am running out of room for such things and will probably need to look at disposing some of my collections someday sooner or later. I would certainly like to know what you find in the collection.....you could probably get a few of us to pick up the tab for scanning and printing a few things.

Terry

TerryM76

HBA Supporter
My email is gelundgren1972@gmail.com if you wish to communicate directly.
My phone is 612-868-0455
I live in Minneapolis.
Mr. Lundgren. I am very sorry for the loss of your father. I know what that is like, given my father died a couple of years ago at the age of 92.

I am very glad that you have decided to pass your father's collection of plans to someone that would help to preserve the legacy and help benefit others. Hope that you and Victor Bravo can work out a solution. He is definitely a person that would find great joy in helping you and finding value in your father's interests.

Terry

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Thank you VB for trying to save this collection. I would offer but I am running out of room for such things and will probably need to look at disposing some of my collections someday sooner or later. I would certainly like to know what you find in the collection.....you could probably get a few of us to pick up the tab for scanning and printing a few things.

Terry
I can at the very least look through this stuff and see if there is anything rare, or particularly noteworthy. The plans to the Peck-Polymers Stringless Wonder might not brighten up my day that much, but a good condition set of Brooklyn Dodger plans... :)

I have a close friend who builds large scale model sailplanes, and there are a couple of geezers around here who still like to build free flight.

vhhjr

HBA Supporter
I belong to a large EAA chapter with many builders who are always looking for new projects. I would sort the plans and make them available to our chapter members and online through our chapter 292 website. I am assuming there are homebuilt aircraft plans in the collection. Our chapter also has a number of model builders representing several RC clubs in the area and would be interested in model plans.

Vincent Homer
768 Luscombe st.
Independence, OR 97351

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
VB, if Mr. Lundgren takes you up on your offer, I would be very interested in whatever full-size aircraft plans are in the collection. I can't can't get to California to help sort but I'd happily contribute to any expenses involved.

TerryM76

HBA Supporter
VB, if Mr. Lundgren takes you up on your offer, I would be very interested in whatever full-size aircraft plans are in the collection. I can't can't get to California to help sort but I'd happily contribute to any expenses involved.
If there are Jurca plans in that collection????? Oh MY! that would be major.....

Hephaestus

Do we start a fund to get VB a large format scanner (or big staples gift card) so they can be digitized and preserved? :)