• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Joe Waitman and Rotorway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotsofast

Are any of you guys familiar with Joe Waitman and his work on/with Rotorway Scorpions? What little I know for sure is that he was a Rotorway dealer and was involved in building and selling composite rotor blades.

Why the interest? I've recently acquired a Scorpion that he had done some work on. If I can I would just like to know more about the man and his involvement with Rotorway. I had in the past heard his name associated with composite rotor blades but just recently learned of his being a Rotorway dealer.

I have Rotorway asymmetrical blades that I was told Joe built. Since they do have the rivet mod I can surmise they were built between 94 when the rivet mod was introduced and 2000 when the previous owner threw a sheet over the project and started flying gyro's. I was also told he built the rotor head that, as best I can tell, is not stock. I would really like to know more about this rotor head modification he did, if anyone knows anything about it.

Attachments

• s-l1600-4.jpg
    s-l1600-4.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF3242.jpg
    DSCF3242.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 40
Back