JMR Special 1st Taxi

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

In case you missed it POP's JMR Special did it's first Taxi test and looks great. I gather he is waiting on the FSDO to come back to work for the final inspection prior to phase 1 flight test. Until then high speed taxi test but it looks ready to fly!

Well done it looks like it will fit the mission you have planed for it.

Matt

Victor Bravo

Go get 'em Pops! It looks pretty darn good from here.

Always remember that "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill!"

But make sure you get four or five sets of good eyes on what you built before and during the first 5 or 10 hours. Those little gremlin bastards have figured out what each of us looks at and forgets to look at. They modify their nefarious little plans around each of our weaknesses, skills, and egos. The only way to smash their little heads is to get people with different personalities and skills to look at stuff.

Pops

Log Member
Go get 'em Pops! It looks pretty darn good from here.

Always remember that "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill!"

But make sure you get four or five sets of good eyes on what you built before and during the first 5 or 10 hours. Those little gremlin bastards have figured out what each of us looks at and forgets to look at. They modify their nefarious little plans around each of our weaknesses, skills, and egos. The only way to smash their little heads is to get people with different personalities and skills to look at stuff.

I learned that many years ago. Spent almost 20 years with an A&P in the next door hanger and I checked his work and he checked my work. Surprising what you can find sometimes.
Bob Barrows ( Bearhawk designer ) has looked at it from first laying out the fuselage tubing.

Doran Jaffas

In case you missed it POP's JMR Special did it's first Taxi test and looks great. I gather he is waiting on the FSDO to come back to work for the final inspection prior to phase 1 flight test. Until then high speed taxi test but it looks ready to fly!

Well done it looks like it will fit the mission you have planed for it.

Matt
Soooooo tempting 😊

Attachments

Pops

Log Member
You had to tease me with a picture of a Tailwind. :) One of the best looking airplanes out there. Local man makes the CB parts for the Tailwind.

Doran Jaffas

Here's another 😊
I've owned this one for 2 years in August. In process of fitting this new prop ( a Prince P Tip..66x48 ). Hope to test fly it this weekend.
0-200 A for power. First flown in 2002. Came up from Alabama. I have it hangared in Ionia,. KY70
It is a joy to fly.
I am very interested in yours. Looks great and the engine sounded strong.
Doran Jaffas

Attachments

Doran Jaffas

I did not mean to send a picture of the check I sent him. I can't understand how that hit there. I obviously clicked on the wrong one. Trying to delete it. Any ideas?

Daleandee

I did not mean to send a picture of the check I sent him. I can't understand how that hit there. I obviously clicked on the wrong one. Trying to delete it. Any ideas?
If it's your post you should see an "edit" button on the lower left next to the "report" button. Click the edit button and you should be able to delete it.

Dillpickle

Beautiful work, as always Pops! Wish you were my neighbor! Have you any new inside info and pics on Bob Barrows ultralight project?

Pops

Log Member
Beautiful work, as always Pops! Wish you were my neighbor! Have you any new inside info and pics on Bob Barrows ultralight project?
Talked to Bob Barrows on the phone a couple weeks ago and he invited Dallas and I to come down and look at the ultralight project but we haven't had the time yet.