Quantcast

Wanted JC Propeller Design Software

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

FokkerDVII

Needing to buy a copy of Jan Carlsson's JC Propeller Design software.

Thanks CL

FokkerDVII

I offer $150 for the latest version of Jan Carlsson's JC Propeller Design software.

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Lifetime Supporter
I would very much like to have a copy of this software as well. Willing to host it and continue development.

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
Prof. Mark Drela's XROTOR is based on the same theoretical underpinnings that Jan used. It's in the same command-prompt format as Xfoil, so it's not as friendly as Excel, but it is a very thorough program. Prop design, analysis of arbitrary user designs, stress analysis, and sound modeling are all included. I have just begun to mess with it, myself.
http://web.mit.edu/drela/Public/web/xrotor/

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Lifetime Supporter
Does anyone have contact information for anyone in Jan's family? I do believe that Jan's software allowed output to files that could go directly to Solidworks or others. Drela's software is more like a Phd dissertation.

Lendo

Jay,
I have a copy but it won't run on Windows 10, I transferred it to a stand alone Laptop which still had Win7.
This is not his latest and greatest software and why he was selling it for a very reasonable price of $100. His latest version he used for consultancy work and was very much different with many new approaches along the lines of Paul Lipps's work and Jack Norris's book.

Jan Carlsson was European, so someone from that area of Europe might know the family, or be able to contact the family, to arrange some discussion on possibility of selling copies of his latest work. I would also be interested in that.
George