Quantcast

J-1B 'DON QUIXOTE' ULTRALIGHT AIRCRAFT?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

F

fan444

Я уже построил J-1B в России недалеко от Москвы. . Строил под заказ.DSC02191.JPG

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
fan444,
Hello, welcome to this site, and thank you for the picture. Did you build that airplane? Do I understand your post correctly, that the aircraft was built according to the plans?
Thank you.

Mark

Aerowerx

... the aircraft was built according to the plans?
It appears to be, from external appearances. Except the plans show drooped wing tips. He apparently used Hoerner tips.

By the way, I have started work on mine again. Most of them are in Europe. There are 3 or 4 under construction here in the USA, including mine, and one of those is going to be solar powered.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
It appears to be, from external appearances. Except the plans show drooped wing tips. He apparently used Hoerner tips.
Maybe we can all learn more about that airplane if fan444 built it--and if your "warm welcome" didn't have an impact.

F

fan444

Привет. Этот самолет построен мной в 2015 году облетан моим другом он пилот - испытатель. Самолет находится в России в Подмосковье. Сейчас продается.
Самолет построен по планам из Интернета, есть некие изменения. Ротакс447, крыло и стабилизатор несколько увеличены по площади незначительно. Установлен бак 40 литров.

billyvray

So sayeth Google:

"Hey. The aircraft was built by me in 2015, my friend, he was flight tested the pilot - test. The aircraft is in Russia in Moscow. Now sold.
The aircraft is built according to the plans from the Internet, there are some changes. Rotaks447, wing and stabilizer slightly increased in size slightly. Installed tank of 40 liters."

Привет. Этот самолет построен мной в 2015 году облетан моим другом он пилот - испытатель. Самолет находится в России в Подмосковье. Сейчас продается.
Самолет построен по планам из Интернета, есть некие изменения. Ротакс447, крыло и стабилизатор несколько увеличены по площади незначительно. Установлен бак 40 литров.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
fan444,
What caused you to modify the wing and horizontal tail sizes? Did the plane fly well? Do you recall what the final empty weight was? I like the look of Janowski's designs.

Mark
(Google into Russian):
fan444,
Что заставило вас изменить крыла и горизонтального оперения размеры? Возможно, самолет хорошо летать? Вы помните, что финал пустой вес был? Мне нравится внешний вид конструкций Яновского.

Mark

F

fan444

Привет Марк. Изначально самолет строился под индивидуального заказчика и тот пожелал , что бы самолет обладал максимально длительным полетным временем. Увеличен бак 40л, установлен более тяжелый мотор и глушитель, что повлекло увеличение взлетного веса . Что бы сохранить удельную нагрузку на крыло хорда была увеличена на 150 мм и соответственно несколько увеличен стабилизатор. Самолет при мне выполнил несколько полетов, летел ровно. На взлете пилот непривычно много брал ручку на себя и прибавлял газ по мере обтекания крыла с ростом скорости и далее от себя, вообщем есть особенности........

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Fan444 writes (per Google translate)

Hi Mark. Initially the aircraft was built under the individual customer and wished that the plane would have had a maximum long flight time. Increased fuel tank 40L, set the heavier engine and the muffler, which resulted in an increase in take-off weight. To save specific load on the wing chord has been increased by 150 mm, respectively, and increased slightly stabilizer. The aircraft carried out in front of me a few flights, flew smoothly. On take-off the pilot I took many unusual handle the gas and added as a wing with increasing flow rate and further away from you, in general, has the features

(Translation note: Other translation programs also had trouble with this last sentence. It seems there may have been some unusual handling characteristics on takeoff)

Fan 444,
Thanks for the information. I've read in other places that the handling of the J1 can be challenging, especially with regards to the power of the horizontal stabilizer/elevator. You guys built a good looking plane, and the extra fuel and range was probably appreciated. Thanks again,

Mark
Into Russian, per Google:

FAN444,
Спасибо за информацию. Я читал в других местах, что обращение с J1 может быть сложной задачей, особенно в отношении мощности горизонтального стабилизатора / лифта. Вы, ребята построили хорошо выглядящий самолет, и дополнительное топливо и диапазон, вероятно, оценили. Еще раз спасибо,

Mark

F

fan444

На самом деле сложностей мало. Крепление стандартное по чертежам. Для сборки плоскостей желателен помощник или разборная подставка под неё и можно собирать одному. Самолет прост в изготовлении. К недостаткам конструкции хочу отнести переделку шасси примерно так.A-12_001.jpg

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
From Fan444:
На самом деле сложностей мало. Крепление стандартное по чертежам. Для сборки плоскостей желателен помощник или разборная подставка под неё и можно собирать одному. Самолет прост в изготовлении. К недостаткам конструкции хочу отнести переделку шасси примерно так.View attachment 56231
Per Google Translate:
Actually little difficulty. Attaching the standard drawings. To assemble the planes [it is] desirable [to have an] Assistant or collapsible stand for it, and you can collect one. The aircraft is simple to manufacture. The disadvantages include the design I want to rework the chassis like this.

Aerowerx

... What caused you to modify the wing and horizontal tail sizes? Did the plane fly well?
I can't speak for the wing size, but I heavily researched the J-1B before I started the design.

It is a bit short coupled, and there is some question as to the horizontal tail authority. In particular, this shows up on take off. With the high-mounted engine there may not be enough elevator to get the nose up without a long take off run. Also, the few pilot reports indicate that it can be flown hands-off for only "a short time", whatever that means.

There are two ways to correct the problem. Either make the horizontal tail larger as stated, or lengthen the empenage which is what I am doing. A couple other things that are recommended is to seal the elevator gap, and install a Guerney flap on the elevator.

F

fan444

Немного помогает отклонение двигателя вниз, на стабилизатор примерно на 7 градусов, нос начинает опускать на 3600, что вполне достаточно для разгона да 55-60 км.час, далее вступает в силу аэродинамика самолет после отрыва ведет себя вполне адекватно, главное соблюдение центровки 27-30%. При наличии передней стойки можно будет давать газ до упора не опасаясь пахаты носом.........:gig:

Latest posts