• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

IvoProp inflight adjustable question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadProfessor8138

I've flown fixed pitch,ground adjustable and a few constant speed props but I've never flown an inflight adjustable prop.
I understand the theory for the most part on a 4-stroke.....set your rpm and adjust the manifold pressure.
Thought I would ask how the prop is operated with a 2-stroke engine.....2-strokes can be peaky at particular rpm's etc...
Do you set the engine to full throttle or 3/4 throttle and then use the prop to govern the engine speed by increasing or decreasing the prop load.

I don't mean to sound totally ignorant on the issue but this is one area that I have no practical experience with....

Kevin

Last edited:
Back