• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

"It's for an off-road vehicle."

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had very few problems with vendors refusing to sell products or services to me because it's aviation-related, and therefore a liability risk. However, whenever I'm uncertain whether such a policy might be in effect, I just tell them "It's for an off-road vehicle." Which adheres to both the spirit and the letter of the truth. A machine for which the primary purpose is to carry persons or cargo is a vehicle. And if it's specifically designed to be operated away from public roads and highways, that makes it an off-road vehicle.

--Bob K.

Back