• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

It Broke!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markproa

Supporting Member
I have been asked by a member here how my Gazaile2 is progressing. Well I've had a bit of a setback and thought it worth sharing here as something to avoid.
I've been doing a lot of ground testing at the airport now that it is all complete and the propellor fitted. Everything was good until i ran the engine at full power for a couple of minutes. It cut out suddenly. Advice was that it was the fuel system being restricted so i changed a few things but it still kept stopping violently at full revs. The last time it stopped it broke the bolt holding the cambelt tensioner, so the pistons bent a few a valves, broke a few rockers and twisted the cam lobes on the camshaft.
It turned out to be my own stupidity. I had used soft silicone hoses to the air filter and they sucked closed at full throttle. I guess that's why we do lots of ground testing.
I've imported all the parts to rebuild the top end.
The engine is a Peugeot 1600 turbo diesel.
20210611_140606.jpg20210810_092118.jpg

Back