• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

ISO: low wing design, tube/fabric entry level acro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwalton

Supporting Member
I would like to research a plane to build. Basic desires are tube and fabric construction, I prefer wood wings but not mandatory. Here's the hard part I want a low wing, mid is okay, and also not easy to find some aerobatic capability. Planes that I have thought of and some reasons I'm still looking:

Sonerai is too demanding for newer pilot. (IMHO) Also would prefer a real two seat option and certified engine.

Cassutt also too demanding for newer pilot. Single seater.

Rans S-9/10 (I've flown S-10) quite demanding for pilot...maybe ok. No plans so not really what I'm wanting to build. Would prefer easier to fly design with similar performance. The S-10 I owned was 582 powered and really fun. The climb angle solo was impressive. Didn't make a good glider at all....

What else? Something like a Flybaby but with steel tube fuselage and a bit more acro ability?

I know plenty of biplanes to choose from, but also not what I'm looking for.

Suggestions?

Walt

Back