• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Is there a market for a volksplane 2 kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayKoit

Hi All,

I've been inspired to write this since reading parts of the "21st century volksplane" thread....I know the mission of that thread was to do just that: gather thought and ideas on a modern volksplane type of aircraft. But, do any of you think there could already be a place in today's market for a Volksplane 2 kit, if someone were so inclined to invest in the materials, overhead, startup costs and CNC machine? .I know it's original specs showed anemic climb and poor useful load, but with a modern Hummel or Revmaster 85 hp engine (20 more than the original) and some weight saving/aerodynamic mods (perhaps some lightening holes like riggerrob suggested in the other threads, plus wing root fairings, etc.) I think you could have a viable and complete 2 seat aircraft kit, and I think it could be done for less than $10K -- at least that's my hope! I guess I'd just really like to see a 2 seat kit on the market for a truly affordable price, something that would get even more people into building and flying. Imagine having your own 2 seater plane built and flying for the price of a new Honda Civic, and it goes together in 200 hours (or something close to that)! That could really boost the industry. Thoughts?

Back