• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Is the rotax 447 a safe engine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fullmetalwelder

so, I was looking at various engines trying to find a 30ish hp one for a fair price, looking at the baganfibio a saw that a prototype was actually fitted with a rotax 447, an engine that dosen't cost an arm and a leg and actually has some horspowers to work with (if you've read my other posts you know I'm trying to build myself a seaplane with probably the lowest budget of the forum lol), anyway I started looking around when I saw this in the wikipedia page
1663405644239.png
Now, I don't know if this is true, I've tried navigating in the forum using the search bar but couldn't find anything about 447s failing.
If I'm being honest this kinda scares me, y'all know if that's true? How is possible that rotax as a company just decided to relese an engine that fails mid air? that dosen't sound very safe to me ahah

Back