• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Is a star Wars LSA possible to build & fly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CobraCar11

Star Wars has entertained and inspired people for generations. It has impacted sci-fi, special effects, and even had a place in politics (Star Wars Defense program). It has inspired other movies, TV shows, books, toys, and even technology. Geeks and non-Geeks have enjoyed it.

Could it be possible to design and build an aircraft from the movies? Or an aircraft inspired by the Star Wars movies?

I got this idea from talking with my kids - they asked me if it was really possible for the aircraft (spacecraft?) from the movies to fly. I told them there are already some hobby/toy radio controlled airplane and quad copter versions that could fly, but was unaware of any full size versions.

If it were possible to design and build an aircraft from the movies or inspired by the movies, would it be commercially successful? Would lots of people want to buy one?

Also, could it bring lots of non-pilots into the aviation market, potentially boosting the aviation industry? Could it inspire a new generation of youth to want to be able to fly when they grow up?

I think an LSA version would be a great candidate.

I think it`'s an interesting idea. Thoughts?

Back