• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Is a HAPI/Mosler conversion a dinosaur?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FritzW

I recently traded some shinny beads for an 82hp HAPI/Mosler (allegedly 350 hours TT). I figured out a way (maybe) to mount it on the nose of my current project.

Is this thing worth messing with? The HP increase would be worth the effort but not if I have to scrap it once the heads pass their 'best by' date. (HAPI and Mosler are, AFAICT, long gone (no parts)).

...I'd hate to put the engine in my "cool but worthless collection".

20181013_190519_resized.jpg 20181013_190527_resized.jpg ...as removed from a QuickyII

20181013_190543_resized.jpg ...it'll take a little rework but it might be worth it

20181013_190944_resized.jpg ...several more HP but several more pounds

Back