Iron Bird Test Systems

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

MrWhite

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a Research project concerning the Design of an Iron Bird Test systems for more all electric aircrafts and I would like to know better these systems.
I managed to find many documents about them, but there would be nice to get more information about the architectures and the simulation devices of these test systems.

Could you help me comprehending better this topic?
Any resources (books, articles, websites and so forth) are welcome.

Feel free to write down anything comes to mind.
I look forward to reading your reply.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

My Best Regards.

gtae07

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a Research project concerning the Design of an Iron Bird Test systems for more all electric aircrafts and I would like to know better these systems.
I managed to find many documents about them, but there would be nice to get more information about the architectures and the simulation devices of these test systems.

Could you help me comprehending better this topic?
Any resources (books, articles, websites and so forth) are welcome.

Feel free to write down anything comes to mind.
I look forward to reading your reply.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

My Best Regards.
You're in luck! I spent the first seven years of my career designing iron birds for transport-category jets. I've moved on to other things but I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. However, I'll only be able to answer in generic terms--I can't discuss proprietary information, of course.

I also have a paper/journal article floating around somewhere that discusses various iron bird rigs from the F-15, B-2, etc. onward. It's a little out of date now but still good information.

MrWhite

You're in luck! I spent the first seven years of my career designing iron birds for transport-category jets. I've moved on to other things but I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. However, I'll only be able to answer in generic terms--I can't discuss proprietary information, of course.

I also have a paper/journal article floating around somewhere that discusses various iron bird rigs from the F-15, B-2, etc. onward. It's a little out of date now but still good information.
I'm really thrilled to come across an expert here. I'm sure that you might help me a lot about this research work.
I'd like to read your paper, but I need more information in order to trace it on web.

Thank you for your kindness and have a nice day.

Sincerely,
DM

gtae07

I'm really thrilled to come across an expert here. I'm sure that you might help me a lot about this research work.
I'd like to read your paper, but I need more information in order to trace it on web.

Thank you for your kindness and have a nice day.

Sincerely,
DM
To clarify, it’s not my paper—I just found it one day while doing competitor research. I managed to find it; it’s SAE AIR5992. I don’t have distribution rights for it so you’ll have to obtain it on your own.

But if you have any other questions, fire away—I’ll be hapy to answer them.

MrWhite

To clarify, it’s not my paper—I just found it one day while doing competitor research. I managed to find it; it’s SAE AIR5992. I don’t have distribution rights for it so you’ll have to obtain it on your own.

But if you have any other questions, fire away—I’ll be hapy to answer them.
I am looking this document up our server. We might have bought it in the past.

Do you come to mind any other documents which talks about this topic?
Also, videos and pictures of your past designing work are welcome (public resources, of course).

By the way, thanks again for your kindness and rapidity.

Have a nice day.

Regards.

gtae07

I am looking this document up our server. We might have bought it in the past.

Do you come to mind any other documents which talks about this topic?
Also, videos and pictures of your past designing work are welcome (public resources, of course).

By the way, thanks again for your kindness and rapidity.

Have a nice day.

Regards.
I don't know of any papers or materials that wouldn't come up in the first three pages or so of a Google search. As far as the specifics of the ones I worked on, I'm afraid I can't post anything that would point out which project I was on. I can say, however, that pictures of them show up in early in Google image searches.