iPhone gyroscope app

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I had something similar called Air Board that gave you ASI, attitude, VSI, altitude, T&B, DG, etc. I played with it on some commercial flights but obviously some of the (GPS-derived) instruments wouldn't work consistently. Never tried it while flying GA, but the gyro should do just fine.

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
I remember seeing this, but I haven't tried it. Unfortunately, the last update appears to have been four years ago. I wonder if the developer would have any interest in maintaining it further?

Daleandee

Well ... I found one that looks promising and it is free. The free version is black & white and the full color version is $11.99. They say the only difference for the money is the color as the B/W app is said to do all that the color one does. Haven't had it in the plane yet but that may happen this weekend if the weather is good.

The Full Color version (for you folks wid money): http://www.softmyth.com/ibfd_integrated_backup_flight_display-529171.html

The Black & White version (for those of us that squeak when we walk): http://www.softmyth.com/ibfdfree-654143.html

FWIW,

Dale
N319WF

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
Well ... I found one that looks promising and it is free.
I found the free, b&w version in the app store as "iBFDmonochrome." FYI, for others who may go looking....

It looks like a pretty good little app! I recorded 3 kts as I zoomed up and down the hallway, making airplane noises. (Testing, you see.) :gig: The funny part was that my kids didn't think twice about their dad zooming up and down the hallway, staring at his phone, and making airplane noises. Either they thought it normal to do odd things while staring at one's phone, or they have fully accepted the fact that their dad is a nut.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
The funny part was that my kids didn't think twice about their dad zooming up and down the hallway, staring at his phone, and making airplane noises. Either they thought it normal to do odd things while staring at one's phone, or they have fully accepted the fact that their dad is a nut.
They are probably just looking forward to that early inheritance gained through custodial power of attorney that the courts will surely grant them :gig: (were they filming you?).

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
They are probably just looking forward to that early inheritance gained through custodial power of attorney that the courts will surely grant them :gig: (were they filming you?).
Then they shall enjoy their inheritance of vehicles, parts, and tools! No film, I am sure they already have all of the evidence they need! :roll: