iPad modeling 3d

Discussion in 'Workshop Tips and Secrets / Tools' started by erkki67, Nov 13, 2018.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Nov 13, 2018 #1

erkki67

erkki67

erkki67

Hello there

id like to learn to do modeling and construction on my iPad, the only computer I’ve.

is there a App which is well suited for the Beginner like me, but leaves the window open to go a head to reach the summits of our designers Fritz, Sockmonkey, rtfm and others?

rki

2. Nov 14, 2018 #2

addicted2climbing

addicted2climbing

addicted2climbing

Have a look at Onshape...Its completely in the cloud and about 90% as good as solidworks... If you've never used a Parametric CAD program than it will be easier for you to learn then me who has to untrain my solidworks brain...

3. Nov 14, 2018 #3

erkki67

erkki67

erkki67

I’m going to have a look

4. Nov 26, 2018 #4

Armilite

Armilite

Armilite

==================================================

Do you have Craigslist in Switzerland? Fusion 360 is Free to the Home Guy, Students, Small Bussiness with less than I think 10 Employees.
    https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/students-teachers-educators

I think it runs on ipads also, 3D CAD/CAM/CNC and it will run on my Old Dell 760 Computer, and there are very Cheap Desktops and Laptops on eBay and Craigslist. I would go with a Dell 990 or better. Personally, You want as big a Screen as you can get doing most CAD account there are a lot of Menu's and you new the Screen Space. Many Youtube Video's on it.

Different Cities to the right.
    https://zurich.craigslist.ch/

If you have any Colleages close to you, check when they have Sales of there Computer and other Stuff. College by me has one every Wed, 9 am - 3 pm except Holidays. Color & B&W Lazer Printers $5 - $125, some do 11"x17". Computers $5 to $125.

5. Nov 26, 2018 #5

FritzW

FritzW

FritzW

Erkki,

...take a deep breath and slowly step away from the iPad. Apple products and methamphetamines only want to hurt you, we're your friends and we want to help you.

Get your free copy of SolidWorks (from the EAA or your local school) and everything will be okay.

erkki67 likes this.
  6. Nov 26, 2018 #6

TFF

TFF

TFF

Although I'm an apple person, a couple of hundred bucks gets you a PC that can work CAD like it is done everywhere. If you want To use your files to make stuff, bite the bullet.

erkki67 likes this.
  7. Nov 26, 2018 #7

addicted2climbing

addicted2climbing

addicted2climbing

Onshape was started by a few founders of Solidworks to totally rethink how CAD is done and how files are stored. In fact it has no files in the traditional sense. My company is considering making the switch and being a long time SW user since 1998 I am fighting it tooth and nail. The ipad will be fine for this but you will want a mouse and a keyboard most likely. The program is missing a lot of the commands I am use to but they are getting there. I am in no way saying go and switch as I myself dont want to either, but it will do the trick for the OP's needs. However, since many of the users here are SW users, it would make sense to get it from the EAA and buy a cheap dedicated laptop for it. This would make it so we could help out and answer questions if needed.