Introducing myself.

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

vladislavp73

Greetings to all. I am not new to aviation, however I had a big brake from it. I had graduated from Embry Riddle some 20 years ago. Because of some unforeseen events of 2001 I was laid off from a leading helicopter firm and ended up becoming a professional Ski Instructor. Unfortunately the Ski Instructor career does not pay bills any more. I would love to substitute the slopes for the sky. I would like to get my CFL. I know I have it in me. I still feel that I have passion for the aviation. I also decided to build an ultralight. I placed my choice on a Zenith CH 701 in a very basic configuration. Is this aircraft a good choice for a time building platform? Did any body used it for this same reason? Thank you very much!!!!

Brünner

Welcome to this great community Vlad.
The CH 701 is certainly a fine choice for an ultralight, however be advised that time-building in ultralights does not count at all for acquiring a Commercial Pilot License. You need to use certified airplanes for that.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome!

Terminology: A CH-701 is not an ultralight under the US rules, not even close, though it may qualify as a microlight under European rules, and as a "light-sport aircraft"(LSA) under US rules.

To build the kind of hours an employer likes to see you'd probably have to equip it for IFR.