Quantcast

Introducing AeroAcademy - Online Courses about Aerodynamics and Flight Dynamics

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

doug.hunsaker

Welcome to AeroAcademy - an online community with free educational courses on aerodynamics. Understand the physics, gain intuition, and broaden your impact in the aerospace community through online education and discussions. We have four courses up right now, with several more in the works that will be posted in the coming months.

https://aero-academy.org/

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 2.40.13 PM.png

I'm an assistant professor at Utah State University with the goal of providing exceptional educational content accessible around the world. I recognize much of this content is on the theoretical side for home builders, but having worked at Scaled Composites for two years, I believe a little math goes a long way to helping people better understand the physics of flight and aircraft design.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Best,
-dh

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Doug,

This looks good for anyone even if the math is past some it is still very interesting. Stanford.edu used to have a whole syllabus online and last time I looked it had all been taken down. Didn't get far enough in to see if you started working real world problems but hope you do. Hoerner and then Carmichael drag accounting has always been a fascination of mine.

Yellowhammer

Welcome to AeroAcademy - an online community with free educational courses on aerodynamics. Understand the physics, gain intuition, and broaden your impact in the aerospace community through online education and discussions. We have four courses up right now, with several more in the works that will be posted in the coming months.

https://aero-academy.org/

View attachment 103361

I'm an assistant professor at Utah State University with the goal of providing exceptional educational content accessible around the world. I recognize much of this content is on the theoretical side for home builders, but having worked at Scaled Composites for two years, I believe a little math goes a long way to helping people better understand the physics of flight and aircraft design.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Best,
-dh

Signed up for the courses. Thanks for making us aware of this awesome program. Especially for individuals such as myself.

Maybe now I can get a formal education of sorts on Aeronautical Engineering and Design.