• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Intro and Popham days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac Wood

Hello Chaps! I'm Mac McConnell-Wood -new boy and recently joined. I am retired and built a KR2 here in Hampshire UK, started back in '86 when choices were fewer than now. First flew in '96 followed by 2 landing accidents and have been rebuilding ever since (new fuse -converted to single seat etc). A great little ship but doesn't like being ground looped into oilseed rape (canola). My first shunt was at Popham where on the d'wind leg, eng temps inceased alarmingly, the engine tightened up and on base at the garage end of 26 it stopped! I had to dive to get enough speed to get over the trees at the end of the disused 24 and flopped her in bending the u/c and busting the prop.Still as they say -If you walk away from it ...! I was a group member at Popham where we had a Rallye ,a Tripe and a Vagabond PA17. I looked after the Vagabond G-ALIJ for the 10 yrs of happy days as a member. Sorry to go on but you seem to be a sympathetic forum and I can't see the yawns and raised eye! Cheers Mac

Back