• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Interesting pictures of Stol King crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roverjohn

Timothy A. Shorey, Preceptor STOL King, N919WP: Accident occurred July 07, 2012 in North Pole, Alaska - Aviation News In The Raw

Seems a gal was in the pattern last July when she lost power, clipped a power pole while trying to put her down on a nearby road, and then landed on the tail.
I guess planes don't land on their tails very often so I'm not sure if a Cub would look better or worse for wear if it had done the same thing. The good news is the gal walked away from this and was out of the plane when 1rst responders arrived. I'm kind of impressed by the integrity of the cockpit post crash but I'm a noob so I'm not sure if I should be. The Stol King is on my short list and this story isn't talking me into removing it.

Back