Quantcast

interesting light plane concepts

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

pepper32

looking for some light plane/concepts ,just little fun light easily transoptable little aircraft, and im also looking for simple in design 21239.jpgBitmapInPOSE3.jpghoverbike.jpgair_chair_invite.jpgnano_silver1805.jpgPH7G11.jpgwingbuild.jpgu-fly-personal-aircraft-2_bOMvs_54.jpgth_BM2005_Day2launch-noteextracablesan.jpgBee_Aviation_Wee_Bee_by_C_E_Hayes.jpg or not always easily transportable:) :ban: yesssss!!!!

Aircar

Banned
That's a really valuable contribution Henryk - I wish I was more computer literate and CAD skilled or had come along a few years later perhaps.... Dieter Kuchemann's 1978 book "The Aerodynamic design of aircraft" is to me the single best text book on the whole subject of shaping flying machines and the rationale behind it --he was writing well after computer assisted design but ahead of the present level of multivariate optimization programs but nonetheless he repeated the warning that computers cannot replace the human element and even the intuitive 'non rational' factor that leads to unexpected leaps of imagination and new concepts . Bad ideas can be presented with impressive computer graphics as well . The design for his regenerative sailplane seems to be a bit short on directional stability and some other questionable features but the basic idea (due to Mac Cready in the technical literature but spoken of earlier by others ) promises some real possibilities in soaring --as might printable solar cells now being developed In Australia (organic coatings ) and cost is the bottom line as to whether any such things get adopted .