Interesting Aircraft

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Sockmonkey

Russians make some of the coolest stuff.
That one looks like it's trying to be some sort of VTOL but I see no mechanism for tilting the props.
With the whole wing being blown like that they could have easily gone for STOL with trailing edge flaps.
The circular rudders are interesting. Would they give some aerodynamic advantage or is the round shape most likely for structural reasons? They are fully in the propwash so maybe both reasons?

henryk

Russians make some of the coolest stuff.
That one looks like it's trying to be some sort of VTOL but I see no mechanism for tilting the props.
With the whole wing being blown like that they could have easily gone for STOL with trailing edge flaps.
The circular rudders are interesting. Would they give some aerodynamic advantage or is the round shape most likely for structural reasons? They are fully in the propwash so maybe both reasons?
Ëåòàþùèé Àâòîìîáèëü Óæå Ñóùåñòâóåò . - Ôîðåêñ / Forex ôîðóì êîìïàíèè FIBO Group

=convertoplane...\wings rotating\.

http://www.airventure.de/newspics/aero10pics/aero10_yak52_1206.jpg

=12 V cyllinder,6.1 l ,500 HP diesel motors!

http://lazy-flyer.livejournal.com/92978.html

Last edited:

skier

Since web links tend to break fairly often I've tried to load the images directly to this thread. Hopefully this will preserve the images for future viewing years from now. Here is the aircraft mentioned in posts 184-187

29b4a291df5b.jpg

akwrencher

HBA Supporter
Could be but if it is they really went all out on the details. I zoomed it in, you can see the dust on the tire treads. Not that that can't be done, just seems like overkill for a concept pic.

cheapracer

Log Member
Looks like software to me.

BJC
Indeed, no wing area and no fuel tank ain't going to help much either.

Very high level 3D though, but that's what "Astra Rossa" does apparently ... AstraRossa.

Could be but if it is they really went all out on the details. I zoomed it in, you can see the dust on the tire treads. Not that that can't be done, just seems like overkill for a concept pic.
I had a guy doing some stuff for me who was into it that far, amazing and hard to tell from real.

Last edited:

Autodidact

Wow, I've never seen a really nice picture of a Bellanca Tractor like this one. I always thought it was a nice looking airplane and this one has ailerons even and an Anzani 6 cyl:

r0wosj.jpg

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Looks neat, but if I were going to try to bring back an early interwar biplane, I think I'd go for a crackerbox Kinner Airster. If it was good enough for Amelia Earhart (though hers had the fancy rounded fuselage).... ;-)

kinnerairster.jpg

bmcj

HBA Supporter
Wow, I've never seen a really nice picture of a Bellanca Tractor like this one. I always thought it was a nice looking airplane and this one has ailerons even and an Anzani 6 cyl:

View attachment 37360
Looks neat, but if I were going to try to bring back an early interwar biplane, I think I'd go for a crackerbox Kinner Airster. If it was good enough for Amelia Earhart (though hers had the fancy rounded fuselage).... ;-)

View attachment 37361
How about the Lincoln Sport biplane?

trone_lincoln_sport.jpg