• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Intake Manifolds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc W

I ran across an interesting article on Sonerai.net. The author described a mod to the GPAS intake manifolds that he claimed improved idle and gained him 25-50 RPM at WOT. What he did was remove the divider inside the manifolds that separates the front and rear intake ports. He has a slide valve carb so he doesn't know how it would work with the Zenith. I have a Zenith but I might give it a try. Mine doesn't idle as smooth as I would like when its cold but it idles decent when it is hot. I wouldn't do it just to improve idle. The additional 25-50 RPM at WOT throttle has my attention though. I would do it for 25-50 RPM!

The article is at: https://cloud-data.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/sonerai/data/articles/vw_tips_part 1.pdf

Back