• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Intake Design Change Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Direct C51

It appears my previous thread on the topic went from how to modify an intake for better mixture distribution to a debate about EFI and batteries.

So, here is what I did and the results. Below you will see the original (standard) intake design and how I modified it. The intake "plenum" before the split to each head went from about 3 cubic inches to a little over 30 cubic inches. My EGT spread went from 150 - 200 degrees in cruise to about 50 degrees. With a little carb heat applied, my cruise EGT spread is less than 15 degrees. With the old design, my #2 cylinder would run so rich that it would start to misfire at certain power settings, now my #2 EGT is right in the middle of the other 5. This was an absolute success, especially after 6 months of doing everything I could to try to fix it, including all of the suggestions by the Corvair experts.

IMG_3732.JPG3.JPG1.jpg2.jpg

Last edited:
Back