• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Installing a "bitchin betty" voice annunciator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Slade

I've just finished installing my voice annunciator. I'm so impressed with the quality, simplicity and value for money that I thought I'd mention it in case other builders were considering one of these neat little gizmos.

I got the unit from Cozy Builder, Rick Lewis who's listed in the Cozy newsletter and demoed it one time at a Cozy dinner. For a little less than $200 I got a prefabricated unit with the sensors and modules for low voltage detection, oil pressure and egt. I was programming my own messages within 30 minutes of receiving the box.

This 3 * 2 box holds 8 high quality 16 second messages which you invoke by grounding one of eight wires. It has a built in mike, and plays through the headset or a speaker. A five minute system mute button is also provided.

More details, contact info for Rick and a picture can be found at http://kgarden.com/cozy/chap22.htm#voice

Back