inspection rings and covers?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

13brv3

HBA Supporter
Greetings,

I need to add a couple inspection/access plates to a metal fuselage, and I'm hoping there is someone out there putting a CNC machine to use making these for the experimental market. I found a couple threads in general searches, but all the links are now dead. What I'm looking for is structural type flush assemblies that have a rear reinforcing ring and flush cover, with all the platenut and screw holes cut. I can't believe I haven't been able to find someone selling these. This is one of those times I wish I had my old CNC router back, instead of the mill, which is just a little too small to make them.

Anyone know of a place selling them?

Thanks,
Rusty

13brv3

HBA Supporter
I gotta believe the RV community has that available from somebody...
I didn't get any hits on an RV list search, but did ask there as well. Van's mostly joggles the skin for their covers, so there's no inner reinforcing ring. They probably don't have as much need for what I'm looking for.

13brv3

HBA Supporter
Is this just a time saving issue? Because I know that if *I* can do it....
;-)
Great, I'll take 3 :)

I'm mostly being lazy. My CNC mill doesn't have enough Y travel to make what I want, and I don't want to make it so small that I can't actually use it. If I have to make them manually, then so be it, but the perfection of CNC is addictive. I've been half tempted to buy another CNC router type machine for just such jobs, but can't justify it.

Rusty

13brv3

HBA Supporter
Van's to the rescue. Ordered a couple of these, which even include the hardware. I was told the cover measures 7-1/16" square, so it should be just about the size I was looking for.

Thanks,
Rusty