• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

[Insert Clickbait Here]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechAeroAuto

Hello all, my name is Jaremy (not a typo) and I am interested in the home built aircraft scene. I don't have my pilot's license yet, but it's on the to-do list. Currently, I am investigating building a plane from plans, and seem to have suffered a bite from the "Archival" bug.

Through my research I've found a lot of foreign or Abandoned/Orphaned plans which are either not very common in the US or are not available any longer. Such Aircraft as those of the French Designers Emile Lucas and Jean Pottier, or Ray Stits and Leeon Davis are on my radar. I am not sure why but I feel compelled to archive these plans so that they might be available for future builders (or even future me).

At the moment I am very interested in building the Thorp T-18/S-18, Mustang Aero Mustang II, the Smyth (EU-Wish?) Sidewinder, the Turner T-40 or the Osprey GP4. I also find myself looking at the Emeraudes and MiniCABs as well. However,. I may go the LSA route which would rule most of those out.

At the moment though, I am just looking for plans. I probably should be looking for the cash to buy them all... :-S

Back