• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Initial Disappointment with EAA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going through the decision process of whether or not to build an airplane. I joined EAA, as almost everything I've read suggested I do, and I have been surfing their website.

First disappointment is the lack of response from the two closest EAA chapters. Their websites are not updated, sometimes listed events that will happen in 2006. I e-mailed two of the officers of the local chapters over a month ago with no response.

Today I downloaded several EAA webpages titled, "Planning to Build...," the first section being, "Getting Started in Aircraft Building." It suggests I purchase EAA's Aerocrafter, a publication which EAA no longer produces.

This gives me pause. I was hoping the Internet would be one of my most valuable tools to getting accurate information. I should have known better.

Sam

Back